Friday, May 29, 2009

carebears


when somebody asked you what you care about the most in your life aside from your family, what would your answer be?

i guess if you ask a kid, his answer might be a favorite toy or a blankie he couldnt sleep without.

if you ask a teenager, the answer might be a fashionable bag, a recently purchased pair of shoes or a precious hand-me-down jewelry from mom.

if you ask a yuppie, the answer might be paying off rent for that month or a restful weekend after long days of work.

if you ask a married couple, the answer might be securing their children's future and seeing their dreams come true.

for me, i just realized that at this very moment when you ask me what i care most in my life aside from my family my answer would be...him.

me, him and our future. the future ahead for us.

i may not know him that well yet. but everyday, i get one step closer to learning who this guy is living this deeply colorful and interesting life. and that he has opened to sharing that life with me.

boldly, yes i say, our future. i can always say THE future. but right now, i have no intentions of sharing my own future with anybody else but him.

and as hard as the circumstances may be, like right now, i know he is there. he was given to me for a reason. and i was given to him just as the same.

the world around us may be chaotic now. the uncertainties and the hardships may be there. but i know wherever this journey takes us, it is a place that will bring us together again. to pray and hope that soon, things will fall into place.

when you lose hope, you lose freedom. and right now, there's nothing more i wish for him but to feel hopeful and free. to be free to live the life he wants. to be free to soak in the happiness he deserves. to be free from the darkness that his past may have brought him.

and to freely enjoy this journey with me.

riding that train inside the tunnel will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment